- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Equinox Ale – Lagunitas Brewing Co., 8% ABV, 1 pt. 6 fl.oz., (Petaluma, California, USA)
- Style: (Oat) American Strong Ale
- Taste: Biting bitter hoppy forest
- Where I got it: BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $6 – 1 pt 6 fl.oz., June 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: hopheads only, still a bit unbalanced
Visual: pours deep copper orange with a smallish super creamy head, 2mm retention, streams upon streams of steady bubbles, a bit of lacing.
Nose: resin-spruce hops, soap undertones. (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: crisp-creamy, immediate pine-hop biting bitterness,
Mid-palate: (lvl-3)-sweetness, (MAIN) pine-spruce forestiness, toffee-caramel malts.
Finish: barley malt, spruce, biting lingering bitter hop finish.
Summary: Initially quite good, decent fullness to the body, very biting hops that compound sip after sip. Lots of green foresty flavours in this, gave me a mild headache halfway through. Super sharp hops.