- My Rating: [C+]
Strawberry Pineapple Spritz – Palm Bay Beverage, 5% ABV, 355ml., (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
Ingredients: carbonated water, glucose-fructose,vodka, citric acid, natural and artificial flavour, sodium citrate, malic acid, potassium sorbate, colour.
- Style: (Strawberry-Pineapple) Vodka Cooler
- Taste: Candy strawberry-pineapple low alcohol detection
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $9 – 6x355ml., sometime in 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this at drinking parties: especially good for non-drinkers and sweettooths
Visual: Shiny blue aluminum can. Pours bright pink lemonade, no head, a few bubbles here and there, barely any activity.
Nose: 100% candy strawberry (pink/red Skittles), (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: dense sugars
Mid-palate: (lvl-8)-quickly dissipating sweetness, background subdued alcohol, (MAIN) chemical candy strawberry-pineapple
Finish: light burpy, mild tart, fruity candy pineapple.
Summary: Well-hidden alcohol but possibly heartburn for those with a sensitive stomach like me. Has a minor plastic-chemical taste but overall a rather pleasant candyesqe flavour. Mildly carbonated.