- My Rating: [B+], I gave it a (3.8 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
La Trappe Quadrupel – Brouwerij de Koningshoeven, 10% ABV, 750ml, (Netherlands)
- Style: Quadruple
- Taste: Sweet brown sugar cake brandy boozy malt alcoholic
- Where I got it : 16th Street Liquor Store (W.Van)
- How much: $10 (after 10% off) – 750ml, September 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: Reinforced twisty top, synthetic cork, hefty bottle. Pours light blood red with a small dissipating head, ringed retention, suspended large sediment, slow and fast steady streams.
Nose: carrot cake, caramelized brown sugar, sweet dark malts. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: thick-full, incoming dark fruity christmas cake
Mid-palate: (lvl-8)-sweetness, sour-alcohol hit, fizzy-bubbly, (MAIN) carrot cake, brandy, caramelized brown sugar malts
Finish: cola, alcoholic, mild alcoholic heat, sweet brandy finish.
Summary: Lots of caramelized sugar, brown cake flavour mixed with a pretty stealth alcohlic hit.