- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.1 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Entangled Hopfenweisse – Driftwood Brewery, 7% ABV, 650ml, (Victoria, BC, Canada) (*BC craft beer*)
printed on front-left:
“When the fateful interplay of hefeweizen yeast and North American hops bear fruit, this is their love child. Banana, guava, passion fruit and citrus; where do the esters stop and the hops start? Impossible to say, cheers!”
- Style: Hopfenweisse
- Taste: Hoppy bitter toffee malty citrus banana tropical
- Where I got it : Liquor Barn @Hastings/Burnaby
- How much: $8 (after 10% off) – 650ml., January 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes, worth a try
Visual: Stunningly colourful artwork on the label. Pours pale orange-brown with a smallish ultra foamy head, a thin 1mm layer of retention, sticky lacing, lots of scattered streams.
Nose: bright hoppy citrus, toffee malts. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: crisp-bubbly foamy
Mid-palate: herbacious hops, (lvl-6)-sweetness, (MAIN) toffee malts, orange citrus, banana
Finish: guava, light sour, dry-bitter hops, lingering malt, burpy.
Summary: Drinks more like an IIPA – heavy and hop forward. The initial 50% of the bottle goes down crisp and smooth, whilst the remainder ends up being hop-heavy on the palate. Still, overall pretty good.