- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Red Racer Gingerhead Gingerbread Stout – Central City Brewing, 6% ABV, 650ml., (Surrey, BC, Canada) (*local craft beer*)
-$1 from each bottle goes to the BC Food Banks (up to $20k), I love tasting beer for a cause!
- Style: (gingerbread) Flavoured Stout
- Taste: Thick heavy sweet malty caramel orange citrus bitter hopped alcoholic
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $6 – 650ml., December 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: good for a try
Visual: Pours turned off TV screen black, small 2mm dissipating head, a super thin layer of of hazy retention, a some tiny bubbles surfacing the perimeter of the glass.
Nose: sweet cola malts, vanilla, light roast. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: incoming sweet dark malts, malty fullness, light CO2
Mid-palate: (lvl-7)-sweetness, (MAIN) ginger, gingerbread spices (cinnamon, clove), roasted malt, big vanilla,
Finish: mild alcohol detection, ginger dryness, nutmeg, malty-chocolate sweet finish.
Summary: Lots of clean spices come through on this one but is lacking a bit on the texture – it feels kind of flat going down, needs more bite.