- My Rating: [C+]
Vodka-Cranberry Elderflower – Sage Mixology, 15% ABV, 345ml. Vodka + 405ml Juice, (Ontario, Canada)
Ingredients: filtered water, Vodka, sugar, cranberry concentrate, pressed blackcurrant juice, blueberry concentrate, elderflower juice (from concentrate), citric acid, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate. Contains sulphites. Gluten free (non-grain based vodka?)
- Style: Ready-to-drink Cocktail
- Taste: Fruity berry alcohol bitter sweet drinkable smooth
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $16 – 345ml. + 405ml, July 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this at drinking parties: not bad as a party starter
Visual: Attractive and unique 2-in-1 bottle-in-a-bottle; Vodka in the outer, cran-elderflower in the center. Pours pale ruby pink, clear as water.
Nose: fruity perfume-like scent, sugary elderflower syrup. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: fruity sweet, incoming syrupy-sweetened alcohol
Mid-palate: alcohol bitterness, (lvl-6)-concentrated sugar sweetness, (MAIN) plastic, cranberry tartness, blackcurrant-berry
Finish: tart-light cloying, fruity sweet finish.
Summary: Goes down okay and you know that there’s real fruit juice in there even though it’s from concentrate. Punchy bold fruit flavours but still only a sub-par substitute to mixing cranberry-blueberry juice and vodka yourself; this seems overly diluted. Convenience factor for sure.