- My Rating: [C+]
Valencia Moscato 2013 – The Tapas Wine Collection, 5% ABV, 650ml, (Cheste, Spain)
- Taste: Medium cloying fruity apple-pear-muscat
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $14 – 750ml., July 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to wine aficionados: more for casual drinkers
Visual: Pours very light beige with tight clusters in the center, small bubbles.
Nose: sweet apple pear peach muscat grape. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: medium acidic, dense sugars, light fizzy
Mid-palate: medium cloying stickiness, (lvl-6)-sweetness, (MAIN) red apple, pear, muscat grape
Finish: light-bodied, sour-tangy, residual sweet finish.
Summary: Inviting and playful flavours accompanied by a bubbly crisp mouthfeel, decent. Somewhat cloying and repetitive by itself, best with some appies. Beware of the heartburn on an empty stomach.