- My Rating: [B+], I gave it a (3.7 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
La Saison du Tracteur – Le Trou Du Diable, 6% ABV, 600ml., (Shawinigan, Quebec, Canada)
- WBA (World Beer Awards) 2012 World’s Best Pale Biere de Garde/Saison Gold
on the back label:
“Opalescent beer topped by a generous head. The complex aromas of citrus and passion fruit immediately draw you in to take that first sip. The taste offers the same aromas as the scent with an additional flavour of spices that stem from the authentic Saison yeast. The result is a thirst-quenching beer that combines the ingenuity of the New World and the rustic character of the Old Continent.
Ingredients: water, malted barley, malted rye, malted wheat, hops, yeast.”
- Style: Saison
- Taste: bubbly fullness yeasty banana wheat malt dry hopped coriander
- Where I got it : Liquor Barn @ Hastings/Burnaby
- How much: $8 (after 10% off) – 600ml., December 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: sure, worth a taste
Visual: (Their own bottle for their brewery, raised lettering and devil on the bottom, odd size 600ml). Heftier than average bottle cap. Pours marmalade orange with a huge lasting super-duper foamy head, thick sticky lacing, clusters upon more clusters of fast activity.
Nose: fruity passionfruit-mango with some yeasty funk in the background. (lvl-5)-pungency
Mid-palate: bubbly-fullness, (lvl-3)-sweetness, (MAIN) malty, yeasty funk, banana wheat malts, lemon, coriander.
Finish: passion fruit exhale, coriander dryness, subtle soft hopped.
Summary: Fantastic body and mouthfeel. A good sipping refreshing summer beer, although somewhat bloating due to the huge carbonation.