- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.1 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Seaport Vanilla Stout – Lighthouse Brewing, 5.5% ABV, 1 pt. 6 fl.oz., (Victoria, BC, Canada) (*local BC Craft beer*)
on the front-right label:
“Seaport Vanilla Stouts blends seamlessly roast coffee and dark chocolate characters with the exotic flavour of pure vanilla.”
- Style: (Vanilla) Flavoured Stout
- Taste: Caramel light roast cola light chocolate-light vanilla.
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $6 – 650ml., December 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: nothing special
Visual: Pours jet black with a small fine micro foamy head, a layer of superfine micro CO2, lots of fast streams around the perimeter.
Nose: vanilla + roasted sweet malts and cola. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: crisp/half-slick mouthfeel, cola sweetness
Mid-palate: tingly, (lvl-5)-sweetness, (MAIN) caramel light roast malts, cola, chocolate, vanilla
Finish: cola caramel, vanilla exhale, clean finish.
Summary: Not super vanilla forward as the name might suggest, mainly caramel with vanilla as a sidekick. Somewhat thin and light on mouthfeel and body. Easy drinkability.