- My Rating: [B+], I gave it a (3.7 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Chipotle Ale – Rogue Ales, 8.02% ABV, 1 pt. 6 fl.oz., (Newport, Oregon, USA)
printed on the back:
“In a bold collaboration with Mother Nature, we grow 7 varieties of aroma hops at Rogue Farms in Independence, OR. We also string, stake, train, test, trim, separate, sort, kiln and cool them. Brewmaster John Maier had 7 varieties available, but rather than picking from among them, he chose to use all 7 to create a proprietary palate for 7 Hop IPA.
Malts: Rogue Farms Dare,™ Risk,™ Maier & Dare™ R-3
Hops: Rogue Farms Liberty, Newport, Revolution, Rebel, Independent, Freedom & Alluvial
Yeast & Water: Pacman Yeast & Free Range Coastal Water.”
- Style: India Pale Ale
- Taste: Toasted toffee malt soft bitter orange grassy hopped bitter
- Where I got it : Liquor Barn (Hastings St.)
- How much: $8 (after 10% off) – 1 pt 6 fl.oz., January 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yep, quite smooth
Visual: Pours bright brown-orange with a smallish dissipating head, a thin spotty layer of micro retention, lots of scattered slow steady streams.
Nose: fruity citrus vibrant hops, sweet toffee malts. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: malty-oily slick mouthfeel, smooth entry
Mid-palate: (lvl-5)-sweetness, (MAIN) malty toffee sweet, resin, orange citrus
Finish: tingly-light burpy, clean light toasted malt, soft bitter grapefruit grassy hopped finish.
Summary: A very palatable and approachable IPA with soft but prominent flavours that aren’t too taxing in terms of bitterness.