- My Rating: [D+], I gave it a (2.6 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Ginger Beard – Wychwood Brewery, 4.2% ABV, 500ml, (Witney, England)
printed on the back label:
“A traditionally crafted beer infused with fiery root ginger to deliver a refreshing, spicy finish with a lot of bite.”
- Style: (ginger) flavoured ale
- Taste: ginger syrup light mold
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $3.50 – 500ml., sometime in 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: heck no
Visual: Pours clear beer bottle brown with minimal head, a thin layer of ringed retention, micro bubbles, lots of fast clustered streams.
Nose: bursting bright sweetened ginger beer soda, malts mixed in. (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: ginger syrup, immediate (8/10)-lvl sweetness
Mid-palate: (MAIN) candied ginger
Finish: veggie mold exhale, light ginger throat warmth
Summary: This is like drinking ginger syrup with alcohol, not good at all. It hardly resembles a beer nor a ginger beer soda. The only redeeming feature is the authentic ginger burn at the finish.