- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Sasquatch Stout – Old Yale Brewing, 5% ABV, 650ml, (Chilliwack, BC, Canada) (
*Voted Canada’s Best Beer at the 2014 Canadian Brewing Awards; stacked up against 916 beers in 38 categories!
on the front-left label:
“Voted ‘Best Beer in Canada’ for 2014, the Sasquatch Stout is smooth with notes of mocha, coffee and roasted barley. Match our Sasquatch with a steak, oysters or even chocolate cake!”
- Style: Stout
- Taste: Deep roasted barley chocolate coffee malt thin mouthfeel
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $6 – 650ml., January 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: it’s decent, but there are better stouts out there
Visual: Pours jet black with a small superfine head, ringed retention + a thin layer of micro, activity on the surface but non-visible streams.
Nose: roasted coffee malts. (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: thin mouthfeel, crisp bite
Mid-palate: light sourness (as it warms), (lvl-4)-sweetness, (MAIN) roasted barley, chocolate malt, coffee,
Finish: dry deep roast, malty sweet finish.
Summary: Lots of roast and chocolate malt throughout, quite smooth as advertised. Somewhat thin in the mouthfeel department.