- My Rating: [C-]
Alcoholic Strawberry & Elderflower – Hooper’s, 4.0% ABV, 500ml., (London, Brighton, UK)
on the back label:
“A sparkling alcoholic strawberry & elderflower flavoured juice drink.
Ingredients: water, alcohol, sugar, lime juice (3.3%), strawberry juice (1.7%), natural flavours, citric acid, natural colouring from carrot.”
- Style: (strawberry, elderflower) Fruit Cooler
- Taste: Candied strawberry artificial sweetener roughness
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $4.30 – 500ml., June 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this at drinking parties: sure if your friends haven’t tried it before
Visual: Pours bright ruby pink with lots of fizz, no head, lots of big bubble activity.
Nose: super candied strawberry, almost perfume/soap-like. (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: soda-like fizzy bite, incoming dense sugars
Mid-palate: (lvl-8)-sweetness, light tangy, (MAIN) artificial strawberry candy, artificial sweetener palate roughness, mild elderflower
Finish: mild cloying, lingering candy aroma, burpy finish.
Summary: Mostly strawberry candy with some elderflower but it quickly gets covered up by some palate roughness. Just average overall, taste is not bad, texture is iffy. Beware the heartburn.