- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.1 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Chipotle Ale – Rogue Ales, 5.5% ABV, 1 pt. 6 fl.oz., (Newport, Oregon, USA)
printed on the front-right label:
“Dedicated to Spanish Author Juan de la Cueva, who in 1575, wrote of a Mexican dish that combined seedless chipotles with ale. This ale is deep amber in color with a rich malty aroma and delicately spiced with smoked jalapeño peppers to give it that extra bite!”
- Style: (chipotle) Spiced ale
- Taste: Simple toffee malt smoky chipotle sweet amber
- Where I got it : Liquor Barn (Hastings St.)
- How much: $8 (after 10% off) – 1 pt 6 fl.oz., February 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not super impressive
Visual: Pours clear medium brown with barely any head, a thin even layer of retention, no streams just several bubbles here and there.
Nose: dried smoky chipotle pepper mixed with sweet toffee malt (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: sharp dry crispness, bubbly-tingly-creamy mouthfeel
Mid-palate: (lvl-5)-sweetness, light acidity, (MAIN) toffee barley malt, orange citrus
Finish: lasting chipotle smokiness, very subtle spicy kick, soft light bitter hopped finish.
Summary: Not a whole lot of length other than the smoky chipotle, nor much depth. Just okay.