- My Rating: [C+]
Rekorderlig Apple-Blackcurrant flavored Pear Cider – Åbro Bryggeri, 4.5% ABV, 50cl., (Vimmerby, Sweden)
Ingredients: Carbonated water, pear- and apple wines, sugar, flavours, acid: citric, regulators, preservative, etc etc.
- Style: (apple, blackcurrant) Flavoured Pear Cider
- Taste Profile: Sweet blackcurrant liquid candy
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $3.20, April 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: for the casual drinker
Visual: apple, blackcurrant, and pear in a can, sounds good right? Pours clear light ruby red with a large dissipating bubbly head, ringed retention, lots of fast spread out streams.
Nose: mostly Ribena blackcurrant juice, some apple juice (5/10)-pungency
Attack: sweet blackcurrant candy
Mid-palate: tangy acidity, alcohol detection, light sour, (lvl-7)-thick sweetness, (MAIN) fruity blackcurrant, blackberry, apple backbone
Finish: blackcurrant exhale, fruity finish.
Summary: Tastes like blackcurrant, the candied version from start to finish. No necessarily bad, but very one note. Zero blackcurrant listed in the ingredients so quite a feat. Check out my reviews of their Elderflower [C+] and Wild Berries Ciders [C]