- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.8 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Split Shot Espresso Milk Stout – Elysian Brewing, 5.6% ABV, 1 pt. 6 fl.oz., (Seattle, WA, USA)
on the front-right label:
“In Seattle, beer and coffee are like siblings, jealously dividing the day. Split Shot Espresso Milk Stout brings them both together, combining the local talents of Elysian Brewing and Stumptown Coffee in a deliciously smooth, very Northwest beer.
- Style: (Coffee) Flavoured Stout
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor Store
- How much: $7 (after 10% off) – 1 pt. 6 fl.oz.., March 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yep
Visual: Pours dark cola brown with an INSANE amount of ultra creamy long-lasting root beer head, lots of micro steady streams around the perimeter.
Nose: caramel malts with some chocolate and roasted coffee. (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: creamy-bubbly head, fizzy crisp tingly
Mid-palate: continual fizzy-bloated, background light sourness, (lvl-6)-sweetness, (MAIN) milky chocolate, roast coffee, root beer, dark malt
Finish: roasted exhale, burpy, light burnt bitterness, soft roasted finish.
Summary: Good sweet roasted malt entry and clean finish. Overall satisfied but leaves you feeling a bit bloated due to the creaminess.