- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (2.9 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
I-5 Amarillo Ale – Central City Brewing & Elysian Brewing Collaboration, 5.0% ABV, 35 IBU, 10 SRM, 650ml., (brewed in Surrey, BC, Canada) (*local craft beer*)
on the back label:
“This year’s much anticipated Collaboration between B.C.’s Central City Brweing Co. and Seattle’s Elysian Brewing Co. has produced this luscious Pale Ale with lots of citrus and tropical fruit notes in both flavour and aroma.”
- Style: American Pale Ale
- Taste: light creamy toffee malt
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $5 – 650ml., July 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no, pass
Visual: Pours clear copper orange with a large dissipating foamy head, clustered sticky lacing, a small layer of retention, all around lots of fast activity.
Nose: light metallic toffee malts. (lvl-3)-pungency
Mid-palate: (lvl-4)-sweetness, (MAIN) toffee malt, a touch of orange
Finish: burpy, malty-sweet, very light hopped finish.
Summary: Nothing outstanding or memorable about this one at all; just a pale brown ale. I don’t taste the advertised “citrus and tropical fruit notes”.