- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (2.7 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Detective Saison – Central City Brewing, 6.0% ABV, 650ml., (Surrey, BC, Canada) (*local craft beer*)
Ingredients: water, malted barley, malted wheat, hops, pink peppercorns,
- Style: (pink peppercorn) Spiced Saison
- Taste: Dry banana wheat malt fizzy bloated
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $5.20 – 650ml., March 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no, not interesting enough
Visual: Pours light golden yellow with a large bubbly head, a nice layer of retention, thick lacing, clusters upon clusters of fast activity.
Nose: sour-acidic white wine, a bit of puke-barnyard. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: off-dry fizzy tingly
Mid-palate: light tangy, (lvl-4)-sweetness, (MAIN) lemon citrus, banana wheat malt, barley malt, yeast
Finish: dry wheat malt, banana exhale, bloated burpy, light sour bitter finish.
Summary: Very carbonated to the point where you feel bloated, mostly wheat malt flavour, simple and straight. It seems overly carbonated and the sour-bitter finish didn’t really jive with me. The added pink peppercorns didn’t come through at all.