- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Killer Cucumber Ale – Steamworks Brewing Co., 5.2% ABV, 1 pt. 6 fl.oz., (Vancouver, BC, Canada) (*local beer*)
Ingredients: water, barley malt, cucumber, hops, yeast.
- Style: (cucumber) Flavoured Ale
- Taste: Crisp sweet barley cucumber malt
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $12.50 – 6x355ml., May 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: possibly, but doubtful
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: easy drinking
Visual: 6x355ml pack. Pours golden orange amber without much head, a very thin layer of micro bubbles, just a few slow micro streams.
Nose: sweet blonde ale malts, a touch of elderflower perfume. (lvl-3)-pungency
Attack: crisp bite
Mid-palate: (lvl-5)-sweetness, (MAIN) clean cucumber, sweet barley malt,
Finish: soft non-lingering bitter hops, barley malt exhale, somewhat thin finish.
Summary: It won’t blow your socks off, but it certainly has a unique profile that works. Goes well with cucumbers as you’d expect.