- My Rating: [FAIL]
Cider (Aged, 2010) – Storm Brewing, 7% ABV – 1L., (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
-Something very different this time, and a non-beer apple cider at that. This one I didn’t sample before filling so… I like turtles?
- Style: (aged) Apple Cider
- Taste: Overpowering acidic apple cider vinegar woody flat
- How much: $16 – 1L, bring your own bottle (May 2015)
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not much to like
Visual: (growler fill) Pours slight hazy yellow amber without any head, a few tiny bubble streams here and there, not much.
Nose: lots of sour woodiness, apple cider vinegar. (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: powerful vinegar-acidity, puckery
Mid-palate: light tart, continued aggressive acidity, medium sour, (MAIN) apple cider vinegar, oak, lemon curd, barnyard, -> (lvl-2)-sweetness
Finish: woody exhale, more apple cider vinegar finish.
Summary: Way too acidic, no texture and no sweetness to balance. I have to be honest, this one is hard to enjoy. In fact, it’s making my stomach feel a little funny. Although I’m a believer in trying new things, in the end I stay true to my palate and not the brand; TLDR: FAIL