- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (2.9 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Cherry Stout – Storm Brewing, 6% ABV – 1L., (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- Style: (cherry) Flavoured Stout
- Taste: Sweet chocolate cherry malt “weird stem-twig-woody”
- How much: $8 – 1L, bring your own bottle (May 2015)
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not 100% clean
Visual: (growler fill) Pours dark cola brown with minimal head, a very thin layer of retention, a few bubbles here and there.
Nose: cherry from the cherry-filled chocolate, cola, malts. (lvl-3)-pungency
Attack: incoming dark fruit, med-thick malts
Mid-palate: (lvl-6)-sweetness, subtle sour, subdued tangy-acidity, (MAIN) chocolate, malts, non-descript cherry darkness
Finish: cherry stems, twigs, leafy-woody finish.
Summary: The initial to mid chocolate-dark fruit is good, but ends with a strange woody cherry stem note, not that clean. Average I’d say, wouldn’t recommend but it wasn’t offensive.