Phillips Snowcase 2014 Calendar Day #12
- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.6 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Crazy 8s Annu-Ale – Phillips Brewing, 8.0% ABV – 341ml., (Victoria, BC, Canada)
more info about this beer can be found on their Snowcase website:
on the front-right label:
“Happy Holidays to you! We brought back one of our favourite anniversary ales to b ring cheer and good times to all. Enjoy this hoppy gift to your palate!”
- Style: Imperial IPA / Double IPA
- Taste: Controlled citrus grapefruit hopped bitter toffee malt SMOOTH
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: Pours clear golden orange with a small lasting foamy head, a decent layer of retention, several slow but steady streams.
Nose: bursting lively citrus hops, strong floral notes (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: creamy mouthfeel-smooth, subdued sweet hops
Mid-palate: (lvl-5)-sweetness, (MAIN) orange citrus, soft biting grapefruit bitter hops, toffee malts
Finish: lingering bitter hoppiness, smooth finish.
Summary: All-around easy drinking IIPA where you don’t feel the ABV or the heavy hops. Fabulous.