- My Rating: [B]
Fortified Blackberry Wine – Wellbrook Winery, 18% ABV – 375ml., (Delta, BC, Canada)
- Style: (blackberry) Fortified Fruit Wine
- Taste: rich blackberry tangy alcoholic light warmth
- How much: $22 – 375ml
- Where I got it: @Winery, November 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to dessert wine aficionados: 50/50
Visual: Deep luscious dark purple. Shrink foil wrapped, real cork.
Nose: blackberry juice, vodka vapours (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: incoming tangy sugars + alcohol, thicker mouthfeel
Mid-palate: alcohol detection, rich sour-tangy acidity, fruity (lvl-7)-sweetness, (MAIN) blackberry, red grape
Finish: residual warmth, black fruit exhale
Summary: Very clean from start to finish with a good fortified alcoholic backbone. I enjoyed this one much more than their fortified blueberry offering.