The Craft BeerAdvent Calendar 2014 Day #11
- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.2 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Wäls Tropical Christmas Saison – Cervejaria Wäls, 7.0% ABV – 355ml., (Belo Horizonte – MG, Brazil)
Ingredients: water, barley malt, hops, yeast, raisins, figs, coriander, orange peel.
- Style: (fig, raisin, coriander, orange peel) Flavoured Saison
- Taste: Dark fruit deep toffee malt subdued sourness
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: interesting but not lovable
Visual: Pours light amber orange without much head, thin ringed retention, just a few countable very slow streams.
Nose: fruity pineapple-orange with sweet barley malt, very supple and juicy (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: fruity, light bitter bite
Mid-palate: stealth hops, subdued tranquil sourness, (lvl-4)-sweetness, (MAIN) raisiny malt, barley, fig (dark fruit)
Finish: soft coriander, light fizzy, dark fruit malty exhale.
Summary: This one doesn’t drink like any of the bright/fluffy saisons I’ve had in the past (Four Winds, Saison Cazeau, India Saison). For me the flavour has character but needs more texture as this one lacks motivational mouthfeel.