The Craft BeerAdvent Calendar 2014 Day #10
- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.6 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Gæðingur (Gaedinger) Stout – Gæðingur Brugghús, 5.6% ABV – 330ml., (Skagafirði, Iceland)
Ingredients: Water, malted barley, hops, licorice
- Style: (licorice) flavoured stout
- Taste: roasted malted barley coffee
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: worth a try if you can find it
Visual: Pours coffee black with a small long-lasting ultra foamy head, tightly knit clustered fast streams, very sticky lacing.
Nose: caramel malt, roasted coffee, charcoal. (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: incoming thick malts
Mid-palate: (lvl-5)-sweetness, underlying restrained light sourness, (MAIN) roasted barley malt, coffee, cola
Finish: licorice root mild dryness, bittersweet malt, light burnt bitter finish.
Summary: Medium-roasted bittersweet stout goodness. Very round and all around drinkable.