- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Bloody Mary Pilsner – Storm Brewing, 5% ABV – 1L., (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
-?!!! Bloody mary in a beer?! Lol what, this sounds very interesting… I’m a fan of Bloody mary’s and Caesar FYI. Brewed with tomato juice, limes and Thai chilies.
- Style: (tomato, lime, thai chilies) Flavoured Lager
- Taste: Tomato undertone lime crisp barley malt gentle spicy
- How much: $8 – 1L, bring your own bottle (March, 2015)
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: it’s not bad at all
Visual: (growler fill) Pours translucent orange with a reddish hue, thin ringed micro retention, non-sticky, a few steady streams in the center.
Nose: tomato juice, squeezed lime (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: veggie undertones, incoming lime oil
Mid-palate: very crisp bite, (lvl-5)-sweetness, (MAIN) lime juice, sweet barley malt,
Finish: tomato aftertaste, gentle lingering spicy kick, subtle bitter hops.
Summary: Surprisingly done well and very drinkable. A good balance of sweet-spicy-aromatic without any unpleasant flavours. Probably not for all but I love tomato juice so I welcomed this.