- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.2 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Mojito Pilsner – Storm Brewing, 5% ABV – 1L., (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
-Another one of their crazy one-off brainstorms! Who doesn’t like mojitos? Add it to beer and you’re sure to get something special. Here goes…
- Style: (mint, lime) Flavoured Lager
- Taste: Lime sweet malt cinnamon subtle mint soft bitter hops
- How much: $8 – 1L, bring your own bottle (March, 2015)
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: (growler fill) Pours light hazy pale orange with a small head, thin lacing, very thin ringed micro retention, not that many but steady micro streams.
Nose: fragrant lime oil, smells like fresh squeezed. Mojito indeed. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: a burst of lime oil, very crisp
Mid-palate: (lvl-5)-sweetness, (MAIN) lime, cinnamon, caramel malt, hopped bitterness,
Finish: soft mint, lingering soft bitter hops, gentle sweet malt finish.
Summary: Because of this beer I just had a revelation that lime peel and barley malt together brings out the “cinnamon” flavour to palate; It’s both interesting and intriguing. A very drinkable and easy-going beer, though not particularly full-bodied.