The Craft BeerAdvent Calendar 2014 Day #9
- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (2.9 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Cucapá (Cucapa) Honey – Cervecería Cucapá, 4.5% ABV – 355ml., (Mexicali, Mexico)
“Cucapa Honey is an Ale type beer made with a honey infusion that combines the bitterness of hops with the sweet taste of honey. Throughout its brewing process we use select ingredients and apply international standards that guarantee the highest quality beer production.”
- Style: (honey) Flavoured Amber Ale
- Taste: straightforward honey toffee malt amber ale
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: nothing special
Visual: Pours frosty clear orange-copper without much head, a thin layer of fine retention, several spread out slow steady streams.
Nose: touches of honey, mostly caramel malt (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: very crisp, tingly mouthfeel,
Mid-palate: immediate honeyed thickness, dry subtle soft-bitter hops throughout, toffee malts
Finish: lingering honey malt finish.
Summary: pretty basic but it is as advertised – Honey + Amber Ale.