Central City/Parallel 49 2014 Calendar Day #9
- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Hoparazzi West Coast Lager – Parallel 49 Brewing, 6.0% ABV – 341ml., (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
on the front-left label:
“Don’t mind the flashes. This unique pale lager with big hoparoma and citrus kick tends to attract a lot of attention.”
- Style: West Coast Lager / Strong Pale Lager
- Taste: Crisp sweet barley malt soft grapefruit bitter hopped light floral
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: Pours golden deep orange with a long-lasting decent-sized very foamy head, very sticky thick lacing, several slow streams.
Nose: clean and direct orange-grapefruit citrus hopped malts. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: crisp, incoming soft bitter hops
Mid-palate: fizzy-tingly, (lvl-5)-sweetness, (MAIN) liquid barley malt, bread-toffee, light chamomile
Finish: light burpy, soft grapefruit bitter hops, long lingering bitter finish.
Summary: You got the liquid sweetness of a lager balanced very nicely with the bitterness of an IPA; Not harshly hopped, just enough to create a harmonious sippable balance.