The Craft BeerAdvent Calendar 2014 Day #8
- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.1 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Weltenburger Kloster Anno 1050 – Klosterbrauerei Weltenburg, 5.5% ABV – 330ml., (Kelheim, Germany)
from their website:
“The classic Märzen beer of the world´s oldest Abbey Brewery.
Cultivated, elegant, golden yellow, excellently brewed on the basis of sophisticated, traditional recipes, a full-bodied balance of fine hops and energizing bitter-sweetness.”
- Style: Amber Lager/Vienna
- Taste: Crisp barley malt bready meal beer
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not explosive but solid
Visual: Pours clear golden yellow with a smallish head, a thin layer of ultra-micro retention, lots of fast loose-knit streams.
Nose: lagered barley malt, some grass (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: crisp, barley malt,
Mid-palate: (lvl-4)-sweetness, (MAIN) bready, barley grainy malt, light lemon citrus
Finish: cuts dry, super subtle almost no hopped bitterness, burpy, barley malt finish.
Summary: A very easy-going and easy-drinking low bitter all malt lager; it certainly goes well with a hot meal.