Central City/Parallel 49 2014 Calendar Day #8
- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (2.7 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Red Racer Pale Ale – Central City Brewing, 5% ABV – 341ml., (Surrey, BC, Canada)
on the back label:
“Handcrafted using Maris Otter barley from England and hops from Washington’s Yakima Valley. This big, bold pale ale has a citrus aroma and a full malt body, giving it a distinctive character designed to inspire the beer connoisseur in all of us.”
- Style: (American-style) Pale Ale
- Taste: Creamy sour yellow grapefruit caramel malt bitter peel hops
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Visual: Pours clear copper orange with a decent small creamy head, a small layer of retention, only a few streams, several loose and one tight-fast, sticky lacing.
Nose: grapefruit tangerine hops (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: incoming hopped bitterness, orange oil
Mid-palate: tart, (lvl-3)-sweetness, fizzy-creamy mouthfeel, (MAIN) yellow grapefruit, toffee malts, bitter peel hops
Finish: light sour, grapefruit peel bitter hops, fruity citrus malt.
Summary: Bitter peel hops throughout, not a whole lot of carry or length.