- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.3 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Vanilla Whiskey Stout – Storm Brewing, 9% ABV – 1L., (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- Style: (vanilla, whiskey) Flavoured Stout
- Taste: Vanilla cola caramel malt whiskey star anise light bitter hopped
- How much: $8 – 1L, bring your own bottle (January, 2015)
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: pass
Visual: Pours dark cola brown with a smallish dissipating head, a small layer of micro bubble retention, a few fast bubbles hear and there.
Nose: vanilla, caramel malts, cola, whisky undertones. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: crisp, incoming dark malts
Mid-palate: light tingly, (lvl-7)-sweetness, (MAIN) cola, caramel malts, light roast bitterness, vanilla, star anise
Finish: whiskey-caramel, residual star anise, malty soft bitter hopped finish.
Summary: 9% Alcohol unbelieveably well-hidden. It drinks quite sweet and flat but delivers the whiskey and vanilla nuances as advertised.