- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.1 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Pomgrenade Pilsner – Storm Brewing, 5% ABV – 1L., (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- Style: (Pomegranate) Flavoured Lager
- Taste: Barley malt pomegranate bitter hopped crisp lager
- How much: $8 – 1L, bring your own bottle (January, 2015)
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: pass
Visual: Pours clear light copper brown with a pinkish hue, quickly dissipating head, thin ringed retention, several slow steady streams.
Nose: pomegranate, minor apple, a touch of yeast, fruity sugars. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: crisp, incoming pomegranate fruitiness
Mid-palate: light fizzy, (lvl-5)-sweetness, (MAIN) pomegranate, barley malt, bready
Finish: mild tartness, light sour, subtle bitter soft hops w/ bite finish.
Summary: Acceptable and drinkable, but no real pronounced flavours or awesomeness. Everything is mild and tempered.