- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.3 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Imperial Flanders Red Ale – Storm Brewing, 11% ABV – 1L., (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- Style: Imperial Flanders Red Ale/Flemish Red Ale
- Taste: extreme sour/acidic oak red wine vinegar prune
- How much: $16 – 1L, bring your own bottle (January, 2015)
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: only if you like the style
Visual: Pours dark cola brown with ultra fine micro bubbles suspended near the surface, but no head, and virtually no activity.
Nose: Sour-acidic oak, tartness, almost sarsaparilla (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: incoming HUGE tart/sourness
Mid-palate: extreme sourness, very light fizzy, (MAIN) heavy oak, red wine vinegar, prune
Finish: puckery sour, mild throat warmth, woody exhale.
Summary: A very unique style of beer, and done good; ABV is well-hidden and the palate has a lot on its plate. Sour, oaky, tart, wine, acidic, and more sour.