- My Rating: [B+], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Kiwiberry IPA – Storm Brewing, 7% ABV – 1L., (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
Deja Vu? 2nd post in the same day, this time another flavoured IPA. I actually took the very last fill from the keg, lucky me.
- Style: (Kiwiberry) Flavoured IPA
- Taste: Fruity kiwiberry almost sour light malt sharp bitter hopped
- How much: $8 – 1L, bring your own bottle (January, 2015)
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: Pours translucent copper brown with pretty much no head nor activity, lacing, nothing. Growler fill, 3rd day.
Nose: Pressed kiwi juice, superfruity. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: incoming sweet fruity
Mid-palate: (lvl-6)-sweetness, subdued sourness, (MAIN) kiwiberry pulpy fruit, malt
Finish: tangy, sharp biting bitter hops, kiwiberry exhale, bitter hopped finish.
Summary: A very fruity profile with a decent hopped bitter bite. The impact is like a cooler in how fruity it is. Easy to drink and well-executed.