- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Strawberry-Ginger IPA – Storm Brewing, 7% ABV – 1L., (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
My first visit of 2015 and already so many new brews. This is just one of many of their new offerings.
- Style: (strawberry, ginger) Flavoured IPA
- Taste: Fiery ginger root berry-tangerine malt hopped bitter warm throat
- How much: $8 – 1L, bring your own bottle (January, 2015)
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: unique
Visual: Pours cloudy pale orange, no activity, no lacing, nothing. But it could be because this is the 3rd day of opening/closing it.
Nose: strong ginger root, some citrus malt in the background. Delightful. (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: incoming fruity malts, impending ginger
Mid-palate: (lvl-4)-sweetness, smooth viscosity, (MAIN) subtle strawberry-berry, ginger root, tangerine, malt
Finish: ginger bite/medium burn, bitter hoppy, medium warm-throat bitter finish.
Summary: A unique brew, hardly your typical beer. Ginger flavour is well-integrated with the bitter hopped IPA DNA.