Phillips Snowcase 2014 Calendar Day #4
- My Rating: [C-], I gave it a (2.5 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Ginger Beer – Phillips Brewing, 5.0% ABV – 341ml., (Victoria, BC, Canada)
on the front-right label:
“With more ginger than Gilligan can handle, some might be surprised at the instant blast of flavour and aroma from this true ginger beer, but that doesn’t take away from it’s sheer quaffability… And it’s killer with sushi.”
- Style: (ginger) Spiced Ale
- Taste: Real ginger light toffee malt thin-bodied ginger burn
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: nope
Visual: Pours clear copper light brown with a dissipating small fizzy head, a very thin ringed retention, several slow-steady singular streams.
Nose: real ginger/sushi ginger, light toffee malts. Fragrant. (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: ginger root numbness, light fizzy
Mid-palate: thin-bodied, (lvl-3)-sweetness, (MAIN) fresh ginger root, light toffee malt
Finish: medium intensifying ginger burn, thin-watery mouthfeel, long dry ginger burn finish.
Summary: Good real ginger flavour but that’s about it; no body, depth, texture, or complexity to back it up.