- My Rating: [B+]
Perrier Jouet Grand Brut Champagne (NV), 12% ABV – 750ml., (Epernay, France)
-+*Happy New Year, Welcome 2015!*+- Drink, be safe, and be joyous!
- Style: (Champagne) Sparkling Wine
- Taste: Fruity tart off-dry apple nectarine sour acidic bubbly
- How much: ~$40 – 750ml (Edmonton), (sometime in 2011)
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to champagne aficionados: definitely
Visual: Pours clear light yellow with a quickly dissipating bubbly head, lots of large active CO2 streams.
Nose: apple, white wine, acidity. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: fizzy-bubbly mouthfeel,
Mid-palate: tart, (lvl-2)-sticky sweetness, acidic-puckery strong sour, (MAIN) green apple, apricot/nectarine, minerals
Finish: cloying tart, off-dry fruity apple finish.
Summary: A great drink to finish off the year and start anew. The sour puckeriness coupled with the apple profile makes this a great aperitif. Excellent textures and well-hidden alcohol.