- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (2.9 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Burnabarian – Dageraad Brewing, 6% ABV – 1L., (Burnaby, BC, Canada)
What is a tafelbier? (wiki)
- low-alcohol, usually not over 1.5% ABV (but this one is 4.5%)
- draft lager with a tafelbier added is called “half om”, to act as a sweetener and reduce fizziness
- Style: Tafelbier (Table Beer)
- Taste: banana wheat sour dry coriander soft hopped bitter
- How much: $7 – 1L, bring your own bottle (December, 2014)
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Visual: (growler fill). Pours clear pale amber with barely any head, barely any retention, lots of scatter micro bubble loose streams.
Nose: clean sweet banana wheat malts. (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: incoming banana
Mid-palate: light fizzy, medium sourness, (lvl-4)-sweetness, (MAIN) yeasty, wheat malts, banana, light clove
Finish: dry, coriander, subtle bitter hoppiness, almost salty hopped finish.
Summary: Not bad flavour and body-wise for an only 4.5% ABV beer. Not something I’d have again though.