- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Granny Smith Apple Pie Ale – Storm Brewing, 5% ABV – 1L., (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
My second visit, one week later and this is one of their new beers that they didn’t have last week. Sadly I forgot to take a picture of their beer offerings.
- Style: (apple, cinnamon) Spiced Fruit Beer
- Taste: Malty pressed apple soft hopped cinnamon
- How much: $11 – 1L, bring your own bottle (December 20, 2014)
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: it’s pretty cool
Visual: Pours cloudy pale orange-brown without much head (growler fill), thin ringed retention, barely any activity.
Nose: very faint pressed apple juice. (lvl-2)-pungency
Attack: pressed apple juice viscosity
Mid-palate: (lvl-6)-sweetness, restrained sour-tanginess, (MAIN): pressed apple juice, cinnamon, malts
Finish: very subtle bitter hops, tangy fruity apple sweet malt finish.
Summary: Very easy to drink, good sweet-crisp-cinnamon-malt balanced flavour. Not too gimmicky in that it still has beer characteristics.