- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Filthy Dirty IPA – Parallel 49 Brewery, 7.2% ABV – 1L., 76 IBUs, (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
the description on their website:
“A west coast IPA with a ton of hop flavour and aroma. Subtle sweet malt flavour backs up the huge amount of orange, grapefruit, pine and floral aromas this beer expels.”
“With Pale, Crystal and Carapils malts, and Chinook, Centennial, Simcoe, Amarillo, Citra and Ahtanum hops.”
- Style: India Pale Ale
- Taste: Bitter hopped big grapefruity pine malt
- How much: $6 – 1L, bring your own bottle to fill
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not bad, though not mind-blown
Visual: (Growler fill). Pours clear pale copper brown with a smallish dissipating head, a very thin layer of micro retention, sticky lacing, many slow loose streams.
Nose: fruity grapefruit hops, very clean. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: smooth-creamy texture, incoming bitter hops,
Mid-palate: (lvl-4)-sweetness, BIG CITRUS, (MAIN): citrus peel, grapefruit, pine, medium malts,
Finish: long-lasting bitter hops on the tongue.
Summary: Bitter hops as bitter goes for IPAs but this one has quite a juicy-sweet grapefruity profile to back it up. Nice.