- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (3 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Pineapple Paradise Pilsner (Seasonal experimental) – Storm Brewing, 5% ABV – 1L., (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
It was my first time visiting this local brewery and I just found out that they do a weekly rotation of experimental “brainstorm” brews – right up my alley. My interest has been piqued. Just bring your 1L or growler for them to fill and off you go. Here’s what they had when I went:
- Style: (Pineapple) Fruit Beer
- Taste: Pineapple juice wheat malt
- How much: $11 – 1L, bring your own bottle
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: it’s not particularly memorable
Visual: Pours bright cloudy golden yellow, barely any head (growler fill), lots of tiny slow steady streams.
Nose: clean authentic pineapple with a touch of vanilla, superb. (lvl-10)-pungency
Mid-palate: (lvl-5)-sweetness, (MAIN): pineapple juice, wheat malt, hints of vanilla, yeasty
Finish: residual light malt sweetness mixed with fruity pineapple.
Summary: Excellent nose, goes down okay but not a whole lot of complexity. It drinks like a Pineapple Stiegl Radler. It makes me feel bloated after sipping half a glass.