- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.3 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Cinder Cone Red Ale – Deschutes Brewery, 5.3% ABV – 22oz., (Bend, Oregon, USA)
- Style: Amber Ale
- Taste: caramel barley malt soft bitter hopped
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $5 – 22oz., November 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: 50/50
Visual: Pours copper reddish brown with a small creamy head, well sticky lacing, a very thin layer of micro retention, several slow singular streams.
Nose: sweet honey/barley malts, mild hoppy backdrop. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: crisp-sweet-hopped balance
Mid-palate: (lvl-5)-sweetness, fizzy-tingly, (MAIN) barley malt, soft-prominent hopped bitterness, caramel, subtle roast.
Finish: lingering bitter hops, light caramel-bitter hopped finish.
Summary: A crisp, semi-malty, semi-sweet but hop-dominant beer. Very drinkable with a meal or alone, although a bit tiring on the palate.