- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.2 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Ginger Apple Cider – Lonetree Cider Co., 5.5% ABV, 355ml., (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
on the back of the can:
“We believe the old ways are still the best. That’s why we always use genuine cider apples to craft our authentic cider selections. Now, we’ve added a zesty twist of real ginger, for an exotic and lightly spicy cider experience. We know you’ll taste the difference.”
- Style: (ginger) Flavoured Apple Cider
- Taste: Spicy ginger apple
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $11/6pack – 6x355ml., October 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: yes, if you like ginger
Visual: Pours clear light yellow with no head and a few slow and steady streams.
Nose: tangy ginger + cane sugar, almost like a ginger beer. Very bright and inviting. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: sharp carbonation, dense sugars
Mid-palate: tangy acidity, fizzy-tingly, (lvl-6)-sweetness, (MAIN) ginger, apple juice,
Finish: light-med ginger burn, burpy, light-cloying, lingering ginger burn finish.
Summary: Authentic ginger as advertised with a substantial burn, quite good all things considered. Not too pretty visually or texture-wise, but very sippable with a meal.