- My Rating: D-
Late Harvest Merlot 2009 – Isabella Winery, 13.5% ABV – 375ml, (Richmond, BC, Canada)
on the back label:
“This luscious Late Harvest Merlot has ripe, spicy aromas and fine plum flavors. It is an excellent choice with chocolate desserts. When properly stored it has a shelf-life of up to ten years. Enjoy it!!”
- Style: (Late Harvest Merlot) Dessert Wine
- Taste: Alcoholic sweet grape = vodka + grape soda
- Where I got it : @Winery in Richmond
- How much: $18 – 375ml., January 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to dessert wine aficionados: refund immediately
Visual: Pours clear orange-red with a small bubbles, surprisingly.
Nose: fruity sweet red grape/strawberry/raspberry. (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: acidic, hints of effervescence, incoming alcoholic sweetness
Mid-palate: (lvl-8)-sweetness, bitter alcohol, medium sour-light tart, (MAIN) sour red grape, light raspberry,
Finish: rough lingering acidity, light heat, tangy alcohol bittersweet finish.
Summary: This drinks very jagged in terms of textures and taste. It’s like a mix of vodka and grape soda, or vodka and cider, not clean at all.