- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.6 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Piraat 10.5% – Van Steenberge, 10.5% ABV, 33cl., (Ertvelde, Belgium)
- Style: Belgian Strong Ale
- Taste: Alcoholic full-bodied heavy spiced tropical fruity honeyed malt
- Where I got it : Firefly Liquor Store (Van)
- How much: $4 (after 10% off) – 33cl., January 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yep
Visual: This is the heavier 10.5% ABV bigger brother version. Pours golden-orange with a massive long-lasting super creamy beautiful large head, clusters of steady streams.
Nose: orange citrus, orange blossom, sweet honeyed malts (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: incoming heaviness
Mid-palate: warm alcohol detection, palate heavy, (lvl-6)-sweetness, (MAIN) thick honeyed malts, biscuit, rum spices, tropical fruit (pineapple-guava)
Finish: mild alcohol bitterness, residual warmth, spiced honey exhale, super soft hopped boozy finish.
Summary: So Strong!!! Fuller and more flavourful than the 9.5% I reviewed earlier. Get this one instead, if you can handle heavy beers.