- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.6 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Liefmans Fruitesse, 4.2% ABV, 250ml., (Oudenaarde, Belgium)
on the front left side label:
“Refreshing fruit beer, matured on cherries, flavoured with 15% fruits (cherry, raspberry, bilberry, elderberry, strawberry), sugar and sweetener. Contains barley malt.”
- Style: (strawberry, raspberry, cherry, elderberry, bilberry) Fruit Beer
- Taste: Strawberry + mixed field berries fine CO2 soda
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $10/4pack – 4 x 250ml., sometime in 2011
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: perhaps as a mixer
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes, worth a try once
Visual: Pours cloudy purplish-red with barley any head, thin ringed retention, a few streams here and there.
Nose: Super fruit-forward blend of strawberries, raspberries, and cherry. Unreal. (lvl-10)-pungency
Attack: fruity sugars
Mid-palate: (lvl-5)-sweetness, (MAIN) strawberry, raspberry, elderberry, some cherry, hints of malt
Finish: hints of tartness, clean light fruity finish.
Summary: This pretty much drinks like a real-fruit soda with finer carbonation. Not much in terms of depth or length, but extremely refreshing and drinkable. A sure hit with the ladies.