- My Rating: [D+], I gave it a (2.1 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Grasshopper Wheat Ale – Big Rock Brewing, 5% ABV – 355ml., (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
printed on the front right-side of the can:
“Ever watch the setting sun turn a field of wheat into a blanket of spun gold? If you could capture that feeling, you’d be holding it right now. At the heart of this world-class Kristallweizen is the very best of Alberta’s legendary wheat and barley. The soft sweetness is balanced by a light touch of hops for a clean finish that gently caresses your mouth. Its pure prairie goodness pours gloriously too, like liquid sunshine capped by fluffy white clouds.”
- Style: Wheat Ale
- Taste: Sweet liquid grainy malt w/ hint of citrus
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $23/12-pack – 12x355ml., July 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: nope
Visual: Part of a variety 12-pack, aluminum cans. Pours clear golden yellow-orange, no head, thin ringed retention, many steady streams.
Nose: Almost mute; just a touch of grainy barley malt. (lvl-1)-pungency
Attack: crisp, incoming grainy malts
Mid-palate: thin-bodied, watery mouthfeel, light fizzy, (lvl-4)-sweetness, light metallic, (MAIN) barley malt, bready-grainy, a hint of spiciness + citrus
Finish: a touch yeasty, malty sweet finish.
Summary: Don’t bother, nothing special here. Plain and boring.