- My Rating: B, 3.6 of 5 on Ratebeer.com
White Rabbit Hoppy Hefeweizen – Russell Brewing, 6% ABV – 650ml., (Surrey, BC, Canada)
printed on the back of the bottle:
“Brighten up your summer season with a White Rabbit! Brewed with Citra hops taht display stone fruit and grape flavours which combine with banana and clove character of the hefe yeast. The result is a big tropical taste with a spicy clove finish. Let our White Rabbit lead you to golden wheat fields where the hops burst with flavour.”
- Style: Wheat Ale
- Taste: Peach apricot banana wheat malt clove dry soft hopped
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $6 – 650ml, July 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: ok for one shot
Visual: Pours cloudy pale orange with a smallish head, a thin layer of retention, some sticky lacing, many clusters of fast micro bubbly activity.
Nose: bursting with huge peach-apricot, white grape (lvl-9)-pungency
Attack: micro-bubbly creamy crisp
Mid-palate: (lvl-4)-sweetness, light sourness, (MAIN) yeasty, banana, peach, dry wheat malts,
Finish: cloves, fruity exhale, soft compounding bitter hops, airy-bloated finish.
Summary: A fabulous inviting fruity nose, decent body and flavours on its own. With a meal however the body fails to hold up.