- My Rating: A
Dry Stout Sauternes Edition, 4.1% ABV – 375ml., brewed and bottled at De Proef Brouwerij, Belgium (Denmark)
“Dry stout aged in Sauternes Barrels”
- Style: (Sauternes) Barrel-Aged Dry Stout
- Taste: Balanced fruity off-dry roasted woody coffee malt
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor Store
- How much: $12 (5% off) – 375ml, March 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: possibly
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: Pours dark cola brown with a small creamy head, a decent layer of retention, not much lacing, some slow micro streams around the perimeter.
Nose: mellow burnt sour roasted malt, woodiness (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: watery-thin/non-oily, micro bubbly-tingly
Mid-palate: immediate light-med sour w/ fruity grape, (lvl-2)-sweetness, hint of funk, (MAIN) roasted malts, caramel, coffee
Finish: woody, coffee, clean malt finish.
Summary: Unbelievably sippable. It wasn’t the flavours that wow’d me but the sheer drinkability and complete balance that it exhibited instead.